Are you an experienced structural engineer with a strong desire to lead? Advantic’s growth curve requires technical leadership, and we’re looking for a senior engineer with significant experience, an eye for detail, and principled management practices to drive growth and value creation in the context of Advantic’s “Build Better. Deliver Well.” culture. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in successfully leading turnkey structural projects on multi-disciplinary teams across a variety of industries and with diverse jurisdictional authorities. We’re looking for an individual with a passion to help shape the next generation of design-build construction.
Note: If you're got a desire to lead and technical management expertise, this position is targeted for growth of our engineering leadership team and would be a fast on-ramp to that role.
Advantic delivers structural solutions utilizing both conventional and advanced fiber-reinforced polymer composite material systems. The senior structural engineer will be responsible for assisting in developing the company expertise in design, fabrication, and installation in all these material systems.
Works collectively with the team in the delivery and growth of Advantic’s technical engineering services, including self-performed engineering, peer review, and project management to achieve company quality, value, and growth goals.
Assists in planning, designing, and reviewing plans for erection of structures requiring stress analysis. Designs structure to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members, or performs structural analysis of plans and structures prepared by other engineers.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure structural design and technical guidance enables successful fabrication, installation, and life cycle outcomes.
- Performs advanced structural analysis across a variety of material systems.
- Analyzes specifications and performance requirements to ensure that designs meet specifications.
- Assists in analyzing engineering proposals, requirements, and related technical data pertaining to design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new structures or modifying existing structures considering costs, available space, time limitations, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning erection techniques, materials, properties, and advantages and limitations that affect long-range engineering planning.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified structures.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and developments in industry.
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment.
- May inspect existing projects and recommend repair and replacement of defective members or rebuilding of entire structure.
- Consults with engineers, architects, builders and contractors to discuss plans and compliance with various codes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The candidate for this job must possess a four-year college degree in a related academic area such as Civil Engineering. Master’s/PhD degree preferred.
- In addition, the position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience working as a Structural Engineer.
- Status as a licensed Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Exclusive U.S. citizenship is required for employment.
- An exciting work environment and the opportunity to change an industry
- Flexibility and responsibility
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Medical, dental, vision benefits